Auto accidents are a common cause of spinal cord injury. Spinal cord injury can be fatal, and those who survive often suffer life-long disabilities or impairments. The life-time costs of spinal cord injury can be in the millions of dollars. Few families are prepared for the financial or personal consequences that follow spinal cord injury.
If you or someone you love has suffered spinal cord injury in an auto accident, you need help. Please, call the Shreveport car accident attorneys of the Law Offices of J. Ransdell Keene today, so we can get you on the way to the compensation you need and deserve.
Initial Costs of Spinal Cord Injury
The initial costs of spinal cord injury can include:
- Emergency medical care immediately after the accident
- Surgery and other medical treatments
- Initiating rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Initial special equipment and medical supplies required for you to go home
- Transfer to long-term care if required
Long-Term Costs of Spinal Cord Injury
The long-term costs are where your case gets more complicated. We must calculate and prove the projected long-term costs of your injury, which will typically be far greater than the initial costs. Long-term costs can include:
- More procedures and treatments for the spinal cord injury
- Medical care for secondary conditions
- Ongoing costs of special equipment, including more advanced medical equipment that may be needed over time
- Home modifications and special vehicle to accommodate disability
- Medical supplies
- Nutritional support
- Home health care
- Custodial care
- Long-term care facility
To learn more about how we can help you and your family the Law Offices of J. Ransdell Keene recover full compensation after spinal cord injury incurred in a Shreveport car accident, please, call at 800-597-9247 or email us today.