Are you or a loved one recovering from injuries caused in an accident? This isn’t easy. Hefty medical bills and loss of income because you can’t work while you are recovering can make it even worse.
You can and should seek compensation from the party at fault. However, you should not do this on your own. If you want to maximize your compensation, you need the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney.
In Shreveport, Louisiana, please call the Law Offices of J. Ransdell Keene. We will help you through the legal process so you can concentrate on recovery and your family.
Tips for Hiring a Great Personal Injury Attorney
If you want to improve your chances of recovering compensation for your injuries, you should start by retaining an experienced personal injury attorney to help you with your claim. The following tips will help you hire a great attorney for your claim.
- Hire an attorney who primarily practices personal injury law. Personal injury law may appear simple and straight forward but each case is unique and the application of the law to a specific set of facts can be extremely complex. If you want the best outcome in your case, you’ll need a lawyer who has extensive experience handling personal injury lawsuits. You need someone who understands the ins and outs of personal injury law and how insurance companies operate. They should know how to deal with insurance adjusters and the defense attorneys who defend the claims.
- History of taking cases to trial. Not many personal injury cases end up in trial. However, it is good to be ready if your case does. It is important to hire an attorney who is used to the pressure of a trial. They should be aggressive and have a history of success representing clients in jury trials. A lawyer with limited trial experience is more likely to recommend acceptance of a smaller settlement in order to avoid going to trial.
- Proven history of settlements or verdict. How successful is the lawyer at getting good results (verdicts and settlements) for his or her clients? Has that attorney ever handled a million dollar case and won? Your case may not be worth millions but having a lawyer with this experience increases your chances of getting a favorable outcome.
- An active member of National and State Trial Lawyer Groups. Lawyers that are serious and dedicated to their professional are interested in learning from each other. They also strive to improve their skills. Membership in lawyer groups ensures this.
- Adequate resource. Personal injury claims require a lot of resources to prove fault and build a case. Investigations must be done and experts may be called in. You’ll need an attorney with the resources to ensure that you are well prepared.
If you are considering hiring a Shreveport personal injury lawyer, please call the Law Offices of J. Ransdell Keene today at 800-597-9247. We will evaluate your claim for free and, if we take on the case, we will represent you on a contingent fee basis so that you only pay legal fees if we recover money on your behalf.